Jessica Voigts, LCSW, OSW-C
At the Northwestern Brain Tumor Institute, we are committed to caring for you as a whole person, addressing not only your physical care but also your emotional and social well-being.
I am available to assist NBTI patients, family members, friends and caregivers. Please reach out by phone, email or during your clinic visit if I can be of help. Below are just a few areas in which I can provide assistance:
HOW CAN A SOCIAL WORKER HELP?
- Coping with your diagnosis and the emotions that you may be experiencing. At times, this can include linking you to counseling services, support groups and other community resources.
- Learning how to talk with children, family members, friends or co-workers about your diagnosis and treatment.
- Considering your treatment options and how they may relate to work, family and other areas of your life.
- Understanding social security benefits, disability benefits and insurance coverage.
- Locating financial assistance, affordable medical care and prescriptions.
- Accessing transportation and lodging resources for your clinic visits.
- Assessing needs at home and helping connect you with appropriate resources.
- Planning for your care through the use of advance directives.
Learn more about brain tumors and meet others who have been where you are now at the
Northwestern Brain Tumor Support Group